-opened with high school reunion story
-suicide hotline busy on Fridays
-85 percent true
- book is about his hospitalization for depression (2004). Missed high school reunion and date for being in hospital
- writing can turn bad events into something good
- very intelligent, discusses body processes and stress. Difference between eating and meeting a bear, kinda like a bio lesson.
- tries to fit in with students, uses bam son and chillin, to relate.
- tough to talk about depression but easier to write about, uses humor to make it easier to discuss with students (rats). Comes up with scenarios to help students understand
-discusses multiple reasons( anxiety conditions/bipolar) to be on the phone with the suicide hotline.
-he is bipolar, downplays his life. Terms help get point across ,, (bipolar disorder not maniac depression)
-writing has been significant in battle against depression
-people are more inclined to read bad things
- brings up multiple points to write a bad novel to find a way to connect with the reader.
- his life events are critical in his presentation, used to enforce points
-“we are common” commonality is key in writing because it makes it easier to connect with the rider, common experiences are often bad.
- uses throwing up to connect the audience because it is a common experience
-from New York
-relative was thrown in jail by Mussolini for being a mob boss
Novel Novel Novel Novel
· Bathroom was an escape from real world and problems in life.
· Love triangle isn’t true, didn’t actually happen to vizzini
· Once again, alludes to how boring his life really is
· If there was a sequel, Craig and Noelle would (speaks about high school relationships being complicated) stay together for few good months and then who knows.
· Writing was a special experience for him and the words just flew onto the page after leaving the hospital.
· Be More Chill was his favorite novel to write because it was “simple and easy”