What is my counselor's job?
- Works with students, parents, and teachers/administrators
- Counsels students individually, in small groups, and in large classroom guidance settings
- Helps to identify the needs of children
- Encourages better student relationships
- Promotes positive attitudes and good choices
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Provides preventative and developmental guidance
- Coordinates standardized testing for the school
- Serves on the Student Support Team (SST) committee
How can I see my counselor?
- Students may refer themselves by asking a teacher
- Parents may refer their child
- Teachers/administrators may refer students
Counseling is a voluntary and confidential service!