Items needed for registering a new student (click the "Welcome to Etowah" on the right for a printable version):
1. Students must be enrolled by their parent or legal guardian. To be considered a legal guardian, the school must have, on file, a certified copy of said order issued by the courts.
2. Proof of Residency: Students must reside in the county with their natural parent(s) or court appointed legal guardian(s) and remain residents of the county for the entire period of enrollment in the school district. A person who owns property in the county, but does not reside in the county is not considered a resident. Proof of residency needed will depend on the following category that pertains to your situation:
a. For parents who own their residence: a current residential property tax statement (if there is no tax bill, then the purchase/closing information for the residence can be used). The record must include the name of the parent/guardian.
b. For parents who are renting a residence: (1) a lease or rental agreement consisting of the written evidence that the agreement is valid: AND (2) a district-designated affidavit, signed by the property owner which will allow for appropriate verification of residency.
c. For parents occupying another person's home: a district-designated affidavit, signed by the parent/guardian, as well as the home's occupants. If the occupants are renters, then the property owner's signature will also be required.
3. Evidence of proper age: Certified birth certificate.
4. Immunization records: Certificate of immunization (DHR Form 3032/3231) must be provided. If transferring from another Georgia public school system, then a 30 day period is allowed to meet this requirement.
5. Certificate of eye, ear, and dental examination: (DHR Form 3300) must be provided by students entering a Georgia public school for the first time. Students transferring from any school system other than a Georgia public school system, have 30 days to provide documentation.
6. Transcript/Cumulative Record & Withdrawal Form: A current transcript of work or credit is necessary to properly enroll the student in the appropriate grade and subjects. Final placement is subject to receipt of these records. Students registering during the academic year should provide withdrawal papers from the previous school. Students transferring from another Cherokee county public school must show evidence of withdrawal before they can be registered at CVHS.
7. Social Security Card: An official copy of the child's social security card (the original card) is to be incorporated into the school's records.
8. NEW: A copy of any divorce decree to show who has custodial rights. This includes any court document that also includes any kind of legal restraining order of which the school needs to be aware.