Mr. Rodney Larrotta, Principal
Administrative Assistant: Teri.Potts@cherokeek12.net
Welcome to Cherokee High School. This site is representative of our school, its personality and what we have to offer to our students. It also contains information for parents, students and the community.
Please visit our site often because we enjoy showing off our achievements and activities.
At CHS we have built a community within our school where teachers, students, parents and administration work together to help students cherish and preserve the ethnic and cultural diversity that nourishes and strengthens this community and this nation It is our goal as well, to provide an educational setting that is conducive to good learning and understanding. In addition to all the excellent teaching and learning that takes place in our school, we have also become a powerhouse for athletics, trade education and extracurricular activities and Fine Arts. This year, we are working on developing a curriculum that integrates Social Emotional Learning competencies into academics to foster resiliency, empathy, agency and grit into our students and staff character and school culture. These strategies promote 21st century skills, critical and creative thinking, student achievement, and academic and personal growth.
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe that ALL members of the Warrior community deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Diversity is our strength and we value each individual member of our community for the experiences they bring to make Cherokee HS a unique and accomplished place to be.
- We believe that all students have the right to a sound education. It is the mission of the Cherokee High School community to provide our Warriors with materials and experiences essential for learning and for growth as citizens of democracy.
- We believe that students learn best in an atmosphere that is comfortable and secure, yet stimulating and rich in opportunities.
- We recognize the student as a unique individual, living, working and communicating in a school environment and in a complex society.
- We believe that teachers must be professionals with highly trained understanding of the needs, interests and potential of young people.
- We believe that teachers model attitudes and values that children will find useful in their work and family life.
- We believe that teachers must share with students both tried and innovative curricula and develop skills needed by responsible and fulfilled individuals.
On behalf of CHS staff and myself, we would like to welcome you to an exciting 2022-23 school year!!!
Enjoy our website and feel free to contact me with any concerns or questions. My door is always opened and remember that Cherokee High School’s number one interest is our students.
Cherokee High School