Click to print: ASP Registration Form ASP Registration Form (Spanish)
Cherokee County School District ASP Guidelines
Welcome to our After School Program (ASP)! We plan to provide a safe environment for all children enrolled in the program during the school year. To ensure a successful year, we would like you to carefully read the following guidelines before signing this letter. Your signature indicates your agreement with these guidelines.
- Enrollment Policy
- Any student attending a CCSD elementary school is eligible to attend that school’s ASP.
- Parents or legal guardians must register their child or children by completing a registration form and signing the parent letter, both of which are available in the school office.
- Every child attending the program must have a current ASP registration form and a signed parent letter on file at our school.
- If pertinent information concerning a student changes, the parent or legal guardian is responsible for notifying the school in writing of the changes.
- Only persons designated on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your child. This policy is for the protection of your child. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED. Your child must be officially sign-out (ASP) each day by a parent, guardian or an approved adult.
- Tuition and Payment
- The ASP is a PREPAID program.
- ASP is from the time school is out until 6:00 p.m. on the days that school is in session. ASP tuition is $12 per day and is due by 10:00 a.m. on the day of the student’s participation.
- Payments may be made online at https://osp.osmsinc.com/CherokeeGA/ , by cash or by check. Checks shall be made payable to the school for the exact amount and include only ASP payments. Breakfast and lunch money cannot be included with the ASP payment for any reason. We cannot give change. Any money over the exact amount will be credited to ASP. Any ASP refunds must be requested by the parent/legal guardian in writing by the last day of the school year. ANY CREDITS REMAINING IN THE ACCOUNT AT THE END OF THE YEAR WILL ROLLOVER TO THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR AS LONG AS THE STUDENT REMAINS AT Boston ES. YOUR CANCELLED CHECKS AND CASH RECEIPTS SHOULD BE RETAINED FOR TAX PURPOSES.
- Payments not received by 10:00 a.m. on the designated day will be considered late and subject to a drop in fee. The drop in fee for ASP will be $4.00. Students who are called in after 10:00 a.m. will be considered drops-ins and will be charged $14 for ASP participation.
- Payment may be made on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis.
- Parents will be notified about a returned check. A $20.00 fee will be charged for each check returned for non-sufficient funds. Permission will be gained from the parent for re-depositing the returned check. If a check is returned for non-sufficient funds a second time, future payment will be on a cash only basis.
- All students not picked up by 6:00 p.m., according to the school clock, will be charged a late fee of $10 for each 15-minute increment (or portion thereof for each student.)
Example: 6:01-6:15 p.m. = $10 6:31-6:45 p.m. = $30.00
6:16-6:30 p.m. = $20 6:46-7:00 p.m. - $40.00
- Failure to pick up a child before or by 7:00 p.m. will be considered an emergency situation, and a call will be placed to the Cherokee County School Police Department or 911 on behalf of the child by ASP staff.
- YOUR CHILD COULD BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE PROGRAM ON THE THIRD LATE CHARGE OR LATE PICK UP. You are encouraged to have a backup person who can pick up your child if you are unable to arrive by 6 p.m.
- To ensure the safety and security of all students in ASP, the appropriate law enforcement agency will be contacted by a school official should an emergency occur which threatens the welfare of a child. Late pick up after 7:00 p.m. by a parent, legal guardian or a designee may be considered an emergency.
- Students registered for the ASP programs are expected to be present on the days they signed up for. A credit will be issued only if one of the following exceptions applies:
- The student is absent or is checked out by 11:00.
- There is a death in the family of an immediate family member (father, mother, sibling, grandparent) and the ASP bookkeeper is notified by 10:00 a.m. on the day the child will be out.
- The school is closed due to inclement weather.
- The school is notified by 10:00 a.m. that the child will not be staying in the ASP.
- ASP is a support program and your child is expected to behave properly.
- Students will comply with the discipline policies laid out in the CCSD Student/Parent Handbook & Discipline Code and the individual school discipline policy.
- Inappropriate behavior may result in suspension or withdrawal of your child. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Students may be suspended or withdrawn from the ASP for the following reasons:
a. Excessive Late Pick-up (3 or more times)
b. Discipline Problems (3 or more incidents) OR a severe incident
c. Nonpayment of Tuition and/or Late Pick up Fees
- Inclement Weather
- If school closes because of inclement weather or any other reason, ASP will also close. In this case, we will follow the instructions given to your child’s homeroom teacher on his/her inclement weather form. Phone calls will NOT be made.
- In case of inclement weather that occurs during the ASP, the Coordinator and/or school principal will be responsible for decisions regarding early closing. ASP personnel will be responsible for contacting all parents or legal guardians to arrange pick-up for students. Designated ASP personnel must remain at the school during inclement weather until all students have departed.
- Car Riders
- Children designated as car riders but who are not picked up before 2:45 p.m. will be sent to ASP. If children are picked up after 2:45 p.m., parents will be charged a drop-in fee of $4.00, bringing the total charge to $14.00.
- Registration is complete when this parent letter and the registration form is completed, signed and returned.
MEDICAL NEEDS OF CHILD:
PLEASE list any allergies your child may have on the parent information pages.