The Cherokee County School Board met on Thursday, July 15, 2021.
The Cherokee County School Board at its meeting on Thursday, July 15, 2021 took the following action:
- Approved the monthly personnel report, which included the appointment of Adam Johnson, a 13-year CCSD teacher who has taught and coached track at Cherokee High School, as a new assistant principal at Woodstock High School;
- Recognized CCSD's Office of Communications for earning the National School Public Relations Association 2021 Golden Achievement Award in recognition of its communications related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Approved the final reading of School Board Policy updates;
- Approved out-of-state and overnight field trips requests for students;
- Approved the monthly Capital Outlay Projects update;
- Approved special lease agreements; and,
- Approval the 2021-22 Local School Board Governance Training plan.
The next meeting is Aug. 19, 2021