During the COVID-19 outbreak and the related school closure, this webpage is being utilized for community resources and information. The content normally found on this page (camps, youth sports, events, scholarships, etc.) can be accessed at this temporary page.
Georgia Department of Public Health: “If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor, an urgent care clinic, or your local federally qualified healthcare center. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.” Hotline: (844) 442-2681
For FREE COVID-19 TESTING in the NORTH GEORGIA HEALTH DISTRICT, call 1-888-881-1474. Learn more HERE.
Department of Public Health Advises Wearing Cloth Face Coverings in Public
TESTING SITES IN GEORGIA
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Past CCSD Messages to Parents
CDC Tips for Keeping Children Healthy While School Is Out
The President's Guidelines: March 16, 2020
DPH North Georgia Health District (includes Cherokee County)
Georgia Dept of Public Health: Coronavirus COVID-19 Guidance
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Additional Health Information & Resources
CDC Information and Resources in Languages Other Than English
Internet Access for Low Income Families
NEW: List of service providers and offers for internet and mobile phones
Note: If provider requires a letter from the school, email your principal for documentation.
- MUST Ministries serves Cherokee County families in need through its food, clothing, utility, rent, housing and employment assistance programs at 111 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton, 30114. Info: https://www.mustministries.org/cherokee-co and 770.479.5397. Summer Lunch Program:
- First Baptist Church of Woodstock through its CARE Ministry maintains a food bank that assists families in need. Info: www.fbcw.org and 678.494.2690
- Heritage Presbyterian Church in Acworth, Jay Weaver Food Pantry: JWFoodPantry@gmail.com; 770.926.3558 *212
- FoodFinder website shows food pantry locations near you
- Forever Fed – mobile food distribution in the community. For dates, times, and locations see http://foreverfed.org/CALENDAR/, call 678.883.3314, or complete form at https://foreverfed.org/contact-us/
- Timothy’s Cupboard, Woodstock – by appointment only, 770.591.5515
- Never Alone- need appointment. Call 470.302.4055 or make an appointment online at neveralone.org
- Papa’s Pantry, Woodstock 770.591.4730
SUMMER MEALS: SCHOOL SITES
CCSD School Nutrition staff will distribute to-go bags of food to students in need every Monday during the summer break from June 1-July 20, with the exception of July 6. A child, infant to age 18, must be present in order for a bag to be provided. These bags will contain a week of breakfasts and lunches for a child.
Drive-through stations will be set up from 10 a.m. to noon in the parking lot or bus lanes of the schools or communities noted below. Children who do not attend one of the schools noted below can go to the site closest to their home. To be proactive in “social distancing,” families cannot stay at the site; do not come to a site if you are ill.
- Carmel ES: 2275 Bascomb Carmel Road, Woodstock, GA 30189
- Cherokee HS: 930 Marietta Hwy, Canton, GA 30114
- Creekview HS: 1550 Owens Store Road, Canton, GA 30115
- Hasty ES Fine Arts Academy: 205 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton, GA 30114
- Indian Knoll ES: 3635 Univeter Road, Canton, GA 30115
- Oak Grove ES Fine Arts Academy: 6118 Woodstock Road, Acworth, GA 30102
- River Ridge HS: 400 Arnold Mill Road, Woodstock, GA 30188
- Teasley MS: 151 Hickory Log Drive, Canton, GA 30114
The to-go meals for these communities will be delivered by the CCSD School Nutrition Cruisin’ Café mobile feeding bus and School Nutrition vans. These times are approximate, as the route may run late if demand is high at previous stops.
- 10:10 -10:55 a.m. at Hidden Falls Mobile Home Park (6359 Bells Ferry Rd, Acworth, GA 30102)
- 10:10 -10:55 a.m. Shopping plaza center at 551 Marietta Road, Canton 30114 (between Scott Mill Road and Harmon Circle).
- 11:00 -11:45 a.m. at East Gate Mobile Home Park (6310 Bells Ferry Rd, Acworth, GA 30102)
- 11:00 -11:45 a.m Cecil Pruitt YMCA in Canton (151 Waleska Street, Canton GA 30114)
- 12:00 -12:45 p.m. at Canton Mill Village (Old Tippens Drive Canton GA 30114
- 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. Outdoor YMCA in Woodstock (201 East Bells Ferry Road, Woodstock GA 30189)
WANT TO HELP?
CCSD will continue to accept financial donations for the program by check, mailed in using the online form at http://bit.ly/CCSDdonate (school staff signatures are not required), but donations now can be made instantly using a credit card at the website at http://bit.ly/CCSDgiveonline You now also can transfer unspent funds in your child’s account to help those in need. Use the form online at http://bit.ly/CCSDpayfwd choose “Pay It Forward” and email it to us.
CCSD cannot accept donations of food or use volunteers to help with the to-go meals distribution. CCSD Partners, including MUST Ministries (www.mustministries.org) and First Baptist Church of Woodstock (www.fbcw.org), do need donations of food and household goods to distribute to our community’s families in need.
Social and Emotional Wellness
NEW edition: CCSD Counselor Connector Newsletter and para español haga clic aquí
National PTA resources for families
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
Handling Isolation: Tips for Social Distancing and Quarantine
Managing Anxiety and Stress During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Crisis Text Line
Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Crisis and Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
Georgia Resources for Mental Health