A gallery of photos from the event can be found at https://www.cherokeek12.net/gallery
More than 200 senior football players, cheerleaders, marching band members and JROTC cadets had one last night under the lights as CCSD high schools came together at Etowah High School stadium for the 6th Annual Cherokee County School District Senior Bowl. The Blue team, formed from Cherokee, River Ridge and Sequoyah, claimed the win 24-14 over the Black team, comprised of players from Etowah, Woodstock and Creekview HS. River Ridge’s Head Coach Mike Collins led the Blue team, while Creekview’s Head Coach Trevor Williams led the Black team. A combined JROTC color guard presented the flags before the game, and combined band and cheer groups provided the perfect fall football atmosphere for students and parents with musical numbers and chants. All proceeds from the charity game went to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Sponsors for the event included:
- Title Sponsor: Varsity Brands
- Event Sponsor: Northside Hospital Cherokee
- Premier Sponsor: Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep & Ram of Canton
- Gold Sponsor: Herff Jones
- Silver Sponsors: Chick-fil-A of Cherokee County; Cherokee Youth Basketball; Longhorn’s of Towne Lake; Herff Jones, Inc.; J&H Sales, Inc.; Georgia Football Officials Association; Cherokee Gridiron Club; and, Cherokee Sports Hall of Fame
- Bronze Sponsor: ProTech Printing and Graphics.
$500 scholarships were awarded at half time to
- Ella Elbeck, Woodstock HS, for band
- Lilly Steiner, Creekview HS, for cheer
- Jack Oktavec, River Ridge HS, for football
- Logan Trevor Shirley, Sequoyah HS, for JROTC
Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep & Ram of Canton donated a Jeep Wrangler Sahara (valued at $46,000) for all six high schools to raffle off as a fundraiser for the various student programs. School were offered the opportunity to sell $5 raffle tickets and keep all the proceeds for their athletic and band programs. CCSD high schools raised more than $200,000 through the raffle. The winning ticket, drawn at halftime, belonged to Heath Holcomb of Cumming, GA.
Game awards presented at the conclusion included MVP Aiden Ali of River Ridge; Defensive Player of Game, Raymone Devezin of Etowah; and Offensive Player of Game Chase Begin of River Ridge.