As part of the district's mission and our school plan, we encourage ALL parents, family members, and the community to support and become actively involved in our schools. We thank you for your support to our school, students and families. Your voice is needed! Your involvement is welcomed!
School Councils across the state of Georgia are advisory groups who are actively involved in public schools and deal with issues related to the following:
- Improving communication and participation of parents and the community in the management and operation of local schools;
- Bringing communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education challenges;
- Improving academic achievement and providing support for teachers and administrators;
- Bringing parents into the school-based decision-making process;
- Bringing parents and the community together with teachers and school administrators to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other's concerns; and
- Sharing ideas for school improvement and student learning.
The Council will meet 4 times throughout the year to discuss how they can best meet the educational needs of our students. HES Council members will meet once per quarter to complete council business.
The official dates are below. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your participation and commitment to our school and students!
The meetings for the 2019 – 2020 school year are as follows:
• Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. meetings notes
• Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. meeting notes
• Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 7:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
3:00-4:00 Conference Room 411
Hasty Elementary School
Fine Arts Academy
205 Brown Industrial Parkway
Canton, GA 30114
770.721.6555 Tel. 770.479.1620 fax