WHAT IS MY COUNSELORS JOB?
· Works with students, parents, and teachers/administrators
· Counsels students individually, in small group, and in large classroom guidance settings
· Helps to identify the needs of children
· Encourages better students relationships
· Promotes positive attitudes and good choices
· Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
· Provides preventive and developmental guidance
HOW CAN I SEE MY COUNSELOR?
· Students may refer themselves by asking a teacher
· Parents may refer their child
· Teachers/administrators may refer students
· Counseling is a voluntary and confidential service!