Holly Springs STEM Academy Counselors and School Nurse
Katie Anne Barnes, K, 1, & 3 Counselor
Chris Guy, 2, 4, & 5 Counselor
Renee Michael, School Nurse
What is my counselor's job?
- Works with students, parents, and teachers/administrators
- Counsels students individually, in small group, and in large classroom guidance settings
- Helps to identify the needs of students
- Encourages positive student relationships
- Promotes positive attitudes and good choices
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Provides preventive and developmental guidance
How can I see my counselor?
- Students may refer themselves by asking a teacher
- Parents may refer their child
- Teachers/administrators may refer students
- Counseling is a voluntary and confidential service
Need to visit our school nurse?
- Forms are available through the new Gateway registration site
- Nurse Renee will be available at meet and greet for any questions.
- All Rx medications need to be in the bottle with Rx label attached and all over-the-counter medications must be in original sealed bottles with a medication form completed by a parent.
- All medications should be brought to school by a parent. Medication should never be brought to school by a student.