CAR RIDER PROCEDURES
All vehicles transporting students in the mornings must utilize the car rider line that unloads at the front of the building. Vehicles are not to unload or retrieve students from the bus lane zone or in the parking lots. Staff will supervise from the sidewalk.
- Students may enter the building starting at 7:00 a.m. and the line closes promptly with the tardy bell at 7:35 a.m.
- Students must stay in their vehicles until coming to a complete stop, as the drivers will be instructed by staff to pull all the way down to the beginning of the line.
- Students must be ready to exit the vehicles curb side, from the front of the line all the way back to the front of the building by the flagpole, and may enter the building either from the side doors to the cafeteria or through the front door to the main hallway. It is an expectation that students will be prepared to exit their vehicle and close the door to their vehicle independently.
- The bell will ring at 7:25 a.m. and we encourage children to be in their classrooms by 7:30 a.m.
- Students who are not seated in their classrooms by 7:35 are counted tardy.
- Parking and walking students in is discouraged unless students are tardy. This can be disruptive to traffic flow and create unsafe situations for pedestrians and staff.
- To ensure the safety of students and staff, drivers should refrain NOT use cellphones while in the car rider line. This is covered in the Georgia "hands free" law.
- Students going home in the afternoons by car will wait in the cafeteria for pick up and will load on the passenger side of the car beginning at approximately 2:15 p.m.
- Parents will be required to have a car rider VISOR SIGN to display on the passenger side visor before students will be called for release as all have presented a valid ID to office personnel before signs are issued. Additional car rider passes may be purchased in the office for $5.00.
- Students will only be released to adults walking if a parent brings to a staff supervisor a visor sign as ID. Students will not be released to parents who chose to park and walk to the door.
- Students not picked up by 2:30 p.m. will be placed into ASP with a late fee charge applied of $14.00 per child.
- To ensure the safety of students and staff, drivers should refrain from using cellphones while in the car rider line. This is now GA Law!
- Students walking to and from school must be escorted by an adult. In the afternoons, parents should not leave cars to pick up students from car riders. The office staff will facilitate the check-out process for drivers not having a visor sign and needing to park in order to retrieve their student.
- On rainy days the procedures will be the same so please pack a small umbrella or coat with a hood for your child.
- Thank you for your patience and flexibility with this process. We strive to make our arrival and dismissal procedures as safe and efficient as possible. Your help and cooperation is greatly appreciated.