Sixes Elementary School Council
One of the Major System Priorities of the Cherokee County School System is to increase the level of parent and community involvement in the total school program.
Purpose of the School Council:
- Bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems
- Improve academic achievement
- Provide support for teachers and administrators
- Bring parents into the school-based decision making process
Sixes Elementary School Council Members:
- Two parent/business-community liaisons: Stephanie Gibbons & Heather O'Donnell
- Two parents: Gayla Roland & Lindsey Roberson
- Two teachers: Tammie Taylor & Jessica Jones
- School principal: Dr. Ashley Kennerly
Meetings are held four times per school year and are open to the public. Meeting dates are posted in the school office, as well as on this page of the school webpage.
2021-2022 School Council Meeting Dates:
All Meetings are held at 7:05 a.m.
NOTE: Meetings may be held virtually using Microsoft Teams due to restrictions on school visitors; please contact the school for confirmation before coming to the school to attend a meeting in person.
2020-2021 School Council Meeting Dates:
- September 15, 2020
- November 17, 2020
- February 2, 2021
- March 23, 2021